A lot of people have travel anxiety or fear of traveling. This fear or phobia can be caused by several different factors. Some people just have this developed need to stay within their comfort zone, while some don’t like the idea of riding airplanes. Some have phobia from hotel rooms, while some are scared of picking up diseases in foreign lands. Whatever the cause of your travel anxiety is, it can seriously hamper the excitement and full pleasure you can get out of life.
There is a way to chase those travel blues away so you can finally go see the world.
1. Make all necessary preparations. Most people get scared of traveling because they are inherently scared of the unknown. They do not know what to expect or what to find where they’re going. One way of relieving such anxiety is by making all the necessary preparations long before you take the trip. This will create a sense of control, so you feel like you know exactly what to expect and that nothing can go wrong. You can have emergency contingency plans, such as an international credit card you can use in case you run out of cash.
2. Face your airplane phobia. If your fear is specifically directed at flying, you have to understand the fear. What are you afraid of? Are you claustrophobic or acrophobic? Do you get scared during turbulence?
3. Seek therapy first. Before you leave, it will help to see a therapist. This can help you if you’ve tried other methods to relieve your fear and have failed. Your therapist can make you join a program and a support group that can help with your specific problem.
4. Medications. Some people also try medications that can help ease their anxiety. But be sure to have the medication approved by your therapist and ask about any possible side effects so you can ensure your own safety.
5. Meditation. If you prefer not to medicate, then you can just meditate. You can meditate on self hypnosis scripts designed to ease travel anxiety. Hypnosis scripts are available online, so you can invest in some subliminal MP3s. You can even bring it with you on your trip.
For more security, you might want to bring a friend or a family with you. A close friend can help alleviate the symptoms of anxiety attack. During the flight, your friend will be a great distraction. You two can talk about happy moments and experiences you’d shared so that your brain is tricked that everything is fine.
These hypnosis scripts can help convert your subconscious into a friend rather than an enemy. Instead of a subconscious that’s inherently scared of traveling, you will have a subconscious that’s confident in flying and trekking across the globe.
The only portal to the subconscious mind is through meditation with the use of hypnosis and subliminal messages. These are messages that are designed to train your mind not to be anxious or fearful of traveling.